Strange Problem running game

legalrep 14:19 06 Mar 2006

Hope some one can help regarding the following, I have an Evesham AK47 system 1gb ram twin 7800GT graphic gards (SLI) with windows xp pro, every time I play Call of Duty 2 I have to shut the machine down and reboot, if I don't the game starts to load then screen goes blank and nothing happens, once I restart the game loads fine! Game plays great once loaded but its just annoying to have to keep re booting the system. I have already downloaded the latest drivers, does any one else have this problem?

surfmonkey #:@} 14:47 06 Mar 2006

have you patch call of duty theres a hyper thead patch avalible click here*&p_li=&p_topview=1

legalrep 15:04 06 Mar 2006

thanks surfmonkey but I have already patched it and downloaded updated video drivers but still it does the same thing, I'm at a loss to understand why it will not load if the machine has been on, and yet works without a problem after I have restarted!

surfmonkey #:@} 15:35 06 Mar 2006

you could try to roll back your driver to a previous version I play COD 2 and DOD on a gforce 128mb card the game will only run on an older version driver if i put uptodate drivers in pc the game hangs ??? so i stick with the older version its a possibility

legalrep 16:19 06 Mar 2006

surfmonkey I have had this problem since I first got the game and have updated drivers in the hope it would solve the problem, when you say your copm hangs does it load the initial screen and then hang mine normally loads as normal until the second screen when the screen goes blank, I don't have any problems with any other games so it must be COD2 its self.

surfmonkey #:@} 16:37 06 Mar 2006

before i rolled back to aan onld driver my symptons were start game menu screen cam up then the pc hung and didnt do anthing else untill i rebooted after alot of differnt drivers i found that cod2 would only run with 5316 version for my card so i have never updated to new drivers, its a wicked game online did you play cod 1 aswell maps are brill in cod2

surfmonkey #:@} 16:42 06 Mar 2006

have you tryed playing the game in a lesser screen res

legalrep 16:51 06 Mar 2006

Tell you the truth its a small price to pay I downloaded the latest drivers recently and a great game is now awsome! yes I play on line COD2 is the best game I've ever played. I play with everything on max and its great twin 7800GT's give super performance re boot before playing is small price to pay at the end of the day!

surfmonkey #:@} 16:53 06 Mar 2006

it may not be you graphics card it could be you sound card thats causind the problem try

1) Click the Start button > Settings > Control Panel.
2) Double-click the Sounds and Audio Devices icon.
3) Click the Volume tab.
4) Under Speaker settings, click the Advanced button.
5) Click the Performance tab.
6) Reduce the Hardware acceleration to Basic, the 2nd notch from the left.
7) Click Apply and then OK 2 times. Run the game now. Don't forget to turn the acceleration back up to restore the high-end features for your sound card when using other applications.

surfmonkey #:@} 16:58 06 Mar 2006

have you had a look on click here support plenty on ther hqave to go maybe shoot or nade you online some day surfmonkey#:@}

007al 16:58 06 Mar 2006

I had this on my old system playing Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.It turned out to be Panda Titanium AV stopping it.If i turned off my anti virus,then the game worked fine.No good for playing online though.I even took the disc back to the shop and got a replacement,thinking the disc was faulty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone