Strange one for mailwasher

Taw® 18:30 13 Dec 2004

Have used mailwasher for some considerable time now. A couple of times over the past few months when after selecting emails to delete and then selecting process mail it starts to process, then a box appears saying that since checking the emails your list is out of date. The result of this is mailwasher cannot process the mail and you have to download everything. One time this happened when I had very little mail, and I narrowed the problem down to 1 email if I deselected the email for delete it worked, downloading the rogue email. However I have loads of junk mail at the mo so not possible. Only solution is to download all the mail and delete from inbox. Sorry for the ramble, but I suspect some emails have a program to confuse mailwasher, someone else may have come across this and a fix>>

mbp 18:50 13 Dec 2004

Have you updated to the latest free version of Mailwasher? The update was a few months ago. I have never yet had this problem and I have used this program a long time. You can email their help line for advice.

woodchip 18:50 13 Dec 2004

You will find xTerminator is better than MailWasher. I found this by accident, but recommended by a Mag test click here you need to pick the one for your Operating System

Taw® 20:07 13 Dec 2004

mbp yes only recently installed it again after using pro for a while. Like I said have used it for years and this is only recently happening.
woodchip have just downloaded and will give it a run, thanks

woodchip 21:49 13 Dec 2004

PS I disabled the Auto start at boot and run it manually

Taw® 18:36 14 Dec 2004

Looks quite good this woodchip so think I will give it a go for a few weeks.

woodchip 21:55 14 Dec 2004

It's a lot more power and flexibility than MailWasher, and a Big Plus is it's Free, and you can setup as many Mail box's as want

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?