Strange message when using ccleaner

ponytail 13:36 13 Feb 2015

Just started getting this message when I use ccleaner.When I start running it it gets half way then I get this message. Google chrome needs to be closed to clean the internet cache Do you want ccleaner to lose google chrome yes/no if yes then it says the application is taking too long to close would you like to force it to close If no it leaves three items Google chrome internet cache Skipped Google Chrome History Skipped Google Chrome Cookies Skipped

Can someone advise sorry it is so long

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:43 13 Feb 2015

You need to close the chrome browser before it will do the clean.

If Chrome is causing a problem the open task manager and there will be approx 4 chrome tasks running under processes. right click each one and select End Task.

then run CCleaner again.

ponytail 14:32 13 Feb 2015

Hi Fruit Bat Have gone into task manager what do I click on after I have clicked on processes to find those tasks.Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:38 13 Feb 2015

click on highlight each task and right click

select End task from the list. do the same for all the chrome tasks showing.

ponytail 09:42 20 Feb 2015

Hi Fruit Bat sorry been so long in coming back about this but when I click on processes there seems to be none there for chrome.

mrhorse33 08:00 20 Jun 2015

Hi, in Chrome settings, click Advanced Settings and under System uncheck 'Continue running background apps'.

ponytail 20:50 24 Jun 2015

Hi mrhorse33 I tried what you suggested and the problem seems to have dissapeared.Thanks very much

BT 08:12 25 Jun 2015

Basically when using CCleaner just have that and nothing else running.

ponytail 08:31 25 Jun 2015

Hi BT still unsure as to how to get the green arrow just clicked it and it says is not answer do you know the answer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?