Strange HDD Question

rawprawn 16:46 13 Jun 2010

My car has a multitask navigation system which includes a 16gb HDD onto which you can copy DVD's and Cd's to save keeping them in the car.
I have copied about 20 CD's some original, and some burnt from my computer. They have all copied perfectly. EXCEPT that 3 of them have produced really weird titles (1 original and 2 copies) EG the original which is Gilbert & Sullivan shows as
"Yoga and Meditation" another of John Denver is "Instructions and puzzles to stretch the mind"
Normally there is a facility to Rename any CD, but in these 3 cases this is greyed out.
Any ideas, it's not really important but just annoys me.

Dark Mantis 17:04 13 Jun 2010

Hey, We will know it's you when we see someone driving down the road in the full lotus position!

johndrew 17:07 13 Jun 2010

Sounds as if the subject CDs have some protection which prevents copying. Can you copy the tracks to your PC and then burn a CD containing what you want and try to get that (those) onto the car system?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:10 13 Jun 2010

When you rip a disk or copy one with for instance Nero the copying program queries a CD database on the internet and they don't always get it right.

You need to be careful as you begging the coping process to get it is naming the CDs correctly as that is the only time you can change it.

rawprawn 17:15 13 Jun 2010

I will try again tomorrow, but the copied cd's were done from my computer onto new R-CD's. The other one, I have to agree but it does seem strange to put a weird title on but allow it to be copied.
The actual music tracks on all three are fine.

rawprawn 17:15 13 Jun 2010

I was wondering why people were staring!

rawprawn 17:18 13 Jun 2010

I believe that you have hit the nail on the head.
I have had that experience in Media Player when it has offered a different title to the one loaded.
Thanks I'm sure that is the answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?