Strange happenings on my PC

golfpro 09:55 07 Aug 2006

System: PC Pentium 4, 3.9 MHz, 200 Gb hard disc, running XP Home.
Problem:
For the last two days, when I have been listening to a radio stream or Music from my library plus doing a bit of surfing on I/E, Suddenly the sound goes off (Real Player or Itunes) when I try to reconnect by clicking on the play icon, nothing happens for a couple of seconds, the mouse pointer will not move, then after a second or two when I move the mouse it moves in jerks two or three inches up and down, this happens when I try click on another program, but will not activate this or any other program.
My only solution is to shut down from the start menue (this works) and then reboot. when I do this the problem has cleared itself and everything is Ok again.
Before I phone the service hot line, I thought I would see if anyone here could throw some light on this.

recap 10:02 07 Aug 2006

Check your Event Viewer logs to see if there is anything there that could point you in the right direction for a resolve. The event viewer can be found in Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer

jimv7 10:03 07 Aug 2006

Start/settings/control panel/administrative tools/event viewer and see if there are any flagged errors that relate to your problem.

jimv7 10:03 07 Aug 2006

Pipped at the post.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?