Strange Happenings on BT Broadband

-pops- 11:44 09 Jul 2003

About two hours ago my BT broadband connection went off.

Thinking there was a fault at BT, I left it for a while then tried to reconnect. A message came up that my name and password was incorrect. Thinking again that it was BT having troubles still, I left it again for a while. Came back, just the same. Rang the status line - it reported no problems. I then noticed that my user name had had a letter removed from it. I re-inserted the missing letter but still got the same message. I then re-installed my password and only then did I get connected.

This machine has been running since Christmas and never had any problems until today.

I've done a system restore to yesterday and all seems fine but, my query is:

Have I got, or had, something I wish I hadn't in my machine? Has anyone else had anything similar or is it a one off?

No new or unusual downloads recently and certainly no KaZaa or its clones!

Thanks

Brian

gourdis 12:00 09 Jul 2003

pops

i've lost my connection a couple of times, this was after i downloaded a lot of stuff. Has bt got a limit on the amount of bytes your allowed to download in one day??
You say you had to put your password in, am with bt broadband but don't have a password??

Anyway not much help but i've lost my connection too, but after leaving it a wee while all is well.

gourdie

-pops- 12:09 09 Jul 2003

Sorry, should have said BT Openworld broadband - slightly different to BT Broadband.

From what you've said, gourdis, it may well have been a drop out on BT and all the hassle I was getting was a coincidence.

BTW, I'm in south west Surrey. Is that anywhere near you?

I don't think there is a download limit (yet!!!)

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)