strange folder

roi 10:27 16 Nov 2007

I use Vista.
I have become aware of a strange read-only folder which appears to have been created a couple of weeks ago. It contains 3 files: V4CB012F.CAT; V4cb012F.inf; and v4cb012f.sys. Thew only Google reference is to a French pc user's problem with Norton. I do not use Norton.

Can anyone help?

birdface 10:46 16 Nov 2007

It also says Incredimail.do you use that.

birdface 10:57 16 Nov 2007

Although I do not understand french as they were posting HJT logs I take it ,it must involve spyware of some sort.Try running C Cleaner and see if that gets rid of it.I presume that you have run your Security Programs and found nothing.

roi 11:15 16 Nov 2007

No, and never have on this PC.

My security programs found nothing. I'll see if CCleaner picks it up.

I think what concerns me is that, under Properties, .CAT is a Security Catalog openable with Crypto Security Extensions. Double clicking the .CAT file, and Viewing Signature tells me that the digital signature appears to be genuine.

I have now grasped the nettle, and double clicked the .inf file and right-clicked the .sys file! They appear to originate with Fuji (and I do have a Fuji camera. Perhaps they are related)

birdface 11:42 16 Nov 2007

Looks as though you are on the right road,But a bit beyond my capabilities.I am sure someone will be able to help you with your problem.best of luck.

roi 12:02 16 Nov 2007

Thanks for your interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?