Strange entry in my "Connect to" box.

Meshuga 18:20 21 Dec 2006

If I click on start and then "Connect to" it shows that my dialup is Metronet and Tiscali and there is one shown as XXXServer.If I hover the cursor over the xxxserver it shows it as Intel(R) 536EP modem. None of my dialups are connected to the phone line as my BB is via wired ethernet cable. Can anyone explain what this xxx is since I have no knowledge of putting it there and my second PC which has all the same entries does not have it. My os is xphome sp2. Many thanks.

brundle 18:22 21 Dec 2006

Sounds like a dialer changed your dial-up settings. Update and run your anti-spyware products.

Meshuga 18:38 21 Dec 2006

Hi Brundle. I have run all my antispyware progs and my AV prog, all of which show nothing. The metronet and tiscali ISPs are my normal ones and there have never been any others to change. Can I delete that one as its not doing anything with the modem disconnected?

Technotiger 19:00 21 Dec 2006

Hi, yes, you can delete that one. If you really did need to get it back it is easy to do so.

Merry Christmas

Meshuga 19:10 21 Dec 2006

Thanks Technotiger and a Merry Xmas to you and all members.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?