strange email

R.C.M. 10:43 18 Aug 2006

I've started receiving an email from someone called Edi and the subject field if all strange characters.

I also get a message telling me to download Japanese to read it. This email come in every day.

How do set the outlook express message rules to delete this massage as soon as it comes in.

R.C.M. 10:49 18 Aug 2006

I meant to add the person who is sending it is changing his/her subject field every day.

FelixTCat 10:50 18 Aug 2006

Set up a filter based on "From" with the action to delete.

palinka 20:03 20 Aug 2006

or if there is a phrase/word in the body of the email you could set the filter to delete any email containing that phrase/word.

p;3 20:40 20 Aug 2006

you could try using mailwasher from here

click here ; then you can even preview your mails on server, and sort what you want and what you do not want; you can program mailwasher to delete and blacklist so you do not get on your machine any mails you do not want; a golden rule though is NOT to bounce mails at all; we all I think receive rubbish mails from time to time;I find the mailwasher a useful tool for filtering out the unwanted mails so you get on the machine only what you want; try it and see; if you do not like it you can always uninstall it or not use it ; I use it and would really not be without it now

R.C.M. 20:43 20 Aug 2006

Every time I receive an email from this person? the subject field is in oriental character's I think Japanese. The from field has a different foreign name - I do not open them to see what is in the body of the mail I have just been deleting them as I was scared that it might be dangerous to do so.

I cant think of a safe way to set a filter for this annoying email.

thanks all the same - my kind regards.

R.C.M. 20:45 20 Aug 2006

Hi p;3 I will have a look at the program many thanks for your help.

Kind regards.

p;3 20:45 20 Aug 2006

if you use the mailwasher program you could find it helpful for you too as you can preview the mail IN it ; I do that often with my mails ;very useful tool I think

R.C.M. 21:04 20 Aug 2006

Thanks a lot for this program p;3 - I have downloaded it and sent an email to myself - the program identified my email and at time the program showed your last email to me.

Looks just the job.

All the best and thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?