Strange email

steven_frost 08:18 28 Jan 2005

I need to report some one who sent me an email this morning about the car i am selling, this person said that they wanted to buy it and has offered me more money for than i asked for strange i know then asked for my home address name etc so that some one else may send me a the money in a from of a cheque for £2500 this is were alarm bells ring as i have heard of this scam doing its rounds on EBay so can any one tell who i report this too

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:20 28 Jan 2005

It is a scam and you can report it to Ebay but it is unlikely that they can do anything. Just delete and forget.

G

steven_frost 08:22 28 Jan 2005

sorry i'm not selling it on EBay just heard about a scam that did the rounds on EBay not so long ago i'm selling it via another web site.

Sethhaniel 08:26 28 Jan 2005

Its only by reporting them and then 'the penny finally drops' and action is taken - by not reporting - the event never happened so no action is needed ;(
Surely with technology the email can be traced to an owner - go for it- Ebay are always asking for you to report false emails so they can get on top of the scam. ;)

steven_frost 08:28 28 Jan 2005

The problem is i'm not selling it on EBay but via another web site which is why i need to know who to report it too, as i feel that they could try and do this to some one else who is less aware of the problem

Sethhaniel 08:44 28 Jan 2005

and as it is a crime -the police should have a department also.

bobbybowls 08:45 28 Jan 2005

report to whoever runs the web site you are selling it on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)