Strange DVDr behaviour

narke 21:49 08 Jan 2006

I was checking backup DVD/Cd's to see what they contained and found that when I eject a disc and insert another disc, when I then explore the new disc content it still shows the content of the previous disc.
This is happening in both DVD drives (Pioneer & LG). To view the content of the new disc I have to try and explore the drive when empty then insert the new disc. It is not a big problem but it is starting to bug me.

In a similar vane if I accidentally boot the computer with a disc in a drive, the icon for that drive changes to the name of the disc and is locked to that name. It takes a reboot to release the drive icon.

Does anyone know what might be causing this.

ade.h 23:56 08 Jan 2006

If it was just happening to one drive, I would suggest a firmware update. Both suggests that it may lie elsewhere.

It's getting late now so I'll post back with more input tomorrow when I've ad more chance to investigate the possibilities.

In the meantime, maybe someone else knows the answer?

ade.h 18:36 10 Jan 2006

I haven't been able to figure out a solution for you, narke, but this post will at least bump your thread up to page one for a while. Someone else might have more info for you.

Sorry I couldn't help further.

narke 18:47 10 Jan 2006

Thanks for taking the time to try and solve this minor but annoying problem. I didn't think it was a firmware issue as this happened with the drives that the computer came with.
When I upgraded to newer/faster drives I had hoped that the problem would go away.
There is a Microsoft article on this kind of thing, but it was supposed to be cured with SP2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?