Strange degauss problem with Iiyama monitor

spinaltap 01:54 19 Sep 2007

Hi, I've got a 19" Iiyama CRT monitor, model s900mt1. Often when I turn it on the top part of the screen is purple or green, as if there is a magnetic source nearby (there isn't). Usually after waiting a few minutes and degaussing it, the screen is fine and will give a very good picture until it's turned off, the problem may return when it's turned back on again, even if it's seconds later. However sometimes degaussing it makes it worse, and I need to wait a few mins more and try again.

If the monitor is never powered off (i.e. always left in sleep/standby mode) it won't go 'bad' when it comes back on again, but it's not very environmentally friendly! Any idea what's causing it or any potential fixes?

Thanks,

Nick

DieSse 02:04 19 Sep 2007

Sounds silly - but - disconnect it - put it in the car, take it for a short drive around, then try it again.

I've seen a TV once with a similar steage gaussing-up problem - a woal around the house and putting it back in a slightly different place eventually cured it.

Much to amazed mutterings from the customer who had to help me carry it around.

Sometimes it can be something metallic (steel) - like a filing cabinet, which is not obviously magnetised.

Or it may even be an odd problem with the degaussing coil in the monitor itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?