A strange BSOD

Siberian Winter 10:37 09 Feb 2010

I'll start by saying that this isn't really a problem, as my Dell 8400 is running normally, but I'm curious as to what could have caused this. I was running an audio file recording/editing program called Audacity, and tried to record some sound from a game. I set Audacity to record and started the game. The game began to run up then - BSOD! Then there was the sound of a fan starting up, and it just got faster and faster and faster until I got my finger to the power button to shut it down. It was like nothing I'd heard before on this PC. I booted up again and the computer started normally. I repeated the process and got exactly the same result. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Google drew a blank. Thanks.

Technotiger 10:59 09 Feb 2010

Does it happen when playing other games - perhaps just a conflict with the game software.

Siberian Winter 16:51 09 Feb 2010

I did get the sound recorded - I ran the game up first then paused and minimised it. Then I ran Audacity and got the sound recorded. I was more curious about the fan racing like it did - weird.

Technotiger 17:54 09 Feb 2010

OK - thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?