A strange BSOD

Siberian Winter 10:37 09 Feb 2010

I'll start by saying that this isn't really a problem, as my Dell 8400 is running normally, but I'm curious as to what could have caused this. I was running an audio file recording/editing program called Audacity, and tried to record some sound from a game. I set Audacity to record and started the game. The game began to run up then - BSOD! Then there was the sound of a fan starting up, and it just got faster and faster and faster until I got my finger to the power button to shut it down. It was like nothing I'd heard before on this PC. I booted up again and the computer started normally. I repeated the process and got exactly the same result. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Google drew a blank. Thanks.

Technotiger 10:59 09 Feb 2010

Does it happen when playing other games - perhaps just a conflict with the game software.

Siberian Winter 16:51 09 Feb 2010

I did get the sound recorded - I ran the game up first then paused and minimised it. Then I ran Audacity and got the sound recorded. I was more curious about the fan racing like it did - weird.

Technotiger 17:54 09 Feb 2010

OK - thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache