Storing my CD's on my hard disc

JKAM 00:14 14 Feb 2004

How can I store my cd collection on my hard disc please, any offers?

Ironman556 00:25 14 Feb 2004

If you mean music, convert it to mp3's, takes up a lot less space and the drop in quality is negligible. click here is a quick program to do it.

If you mean data cd's you can use a cd writing program such as Nero to write disc images to your hard drive, as if you were going to copy the disc.

Some CD's may not work if you back them up and then write them to cd again, games and increasingly audio are now copyprotected, so you may find it difficult to do in some cases.

hugh-265156 00:40 14 Feb 2004

windows media player9 will allow you to do this.also try itunes click here

billyliv 01:33 14 Feb 2004

Hi, Consider the size of your hard drive, music files take up a lot of space. Consider downloading 'Total Recorder' from 'High criteria' You pay a one off fee of about £8 for a lifetime license. Consider getting an MP3 player like the 'Creative' Zen 20Gb. Consider getting additional hard drives and dedicating them for music files. Personally I have a 60Gb slave drive solely for music and the above named Zen for music where and when I want it. Whatever way you go, enjoy your music. Cheers, Bill

hugh-265156 01:41 14 Feb 2004

i wouldnt bother purchasing another hdd unless you have an extremly large music collection.most of my cds converted to mp3 at 192kbps only take up around 55-110mb each on avg.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017