Storage of Data.

ribo 10:09 26 Dec 2007

I have two internal HDD's. I would like to keep all my data on the second HDD. Can anyone tell me how I transfer the data. I have tried Moving My Documents file but am unable to do this.
I would like the path to My Documents to go straight to this Drive and not my C Drive. Thank you. J

johndrew 10:48 26 Dec 2007

You wont be able to `move` My Documents as Windows will stop you. You can copy the file to your second HDD as a backup.

To actually change the default path click here

hastelloy 10:50 26 Dec 2007

you could try this click here

thms 10:54 26 Dec 2007

I believe the My Documents folder is a part of the os and cannot be moved.

However you could create a new folder in your 2nd drive called My Documents and transfer the contents of the original to here. You can do this by opening the My Documents folder and select edit/select all, then copy, open your other My Documents folder right click and select paste.

Or if you have xp open folder select edit/select all, on the left hand side select move and point to your other folder. Save all future data to your second My Documents folder.

ribo 13:25 26 Dec 2007

Thank you all very much. That is the information I wanted. Your help is very much appreciated. J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?