Stopping OE launching with Firefox

Bigpeat 23:34 18 Jan 2006

I have just installed Mozilla Thunderbird and want to make it my default email program which launches automatically when I go online (with dialup connection). Previously I used Firefox browser with Outlook Express but have some problems with OE and want to use Thunderbird instead. Despite telling Thunderbird that I want it to be the default client, and OE that I do not want it to be the default, and checking that Thunderbird is selected as the email program in Control Panel/Internet Options, OE still launches automatically when I go online with BT Yahoo Internet, and Thunderbird doesn't launch at all (unless I trigger it manually, when it works OK but by then new messages have gone into OE).
When I installed the current version of the BT Yahoo dialler software, I seem to remember that it asked me if I wanted to launch OE when going on line. At the time it was my only email program so I said yes, and when dialling up it opens OE automatically at the same time as my internet browser (Firefox). Is there any way I can stop OE launching so as to give Thunderbird a chance?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires