stop unwated website apearing

1973scotty 23:12 09 Jul 2008

how can i stop a new web page advert opening they apear when i start internet i have to close down a full page then it gose back to the original site i opened,. i have adware free edition & avg spyware installed any recomendation please. os visto home prem.

birdface 23:15 09 Jul 2008

Try Superantispyware.click here

1973scotty 00:06 10 Jul 2008

still gettin the same adverts opening a another page

birdface 08:07 10 Jul 2008

I don't suppose that you have downloaded messenger plus lately have you.Have a look at this and see if any of those but I doubt it.click here In the meantime have a look through here. click here= I am sure someone will be able to help you with your problem.

birdface 08:40 10 Jul 2008

Did you mean AVG Anti-Virus.I take it you have an anti-virus program downloaded.Give this a try.click here

birdface 08:42 10 Jul 2008

Ignore that last click here I don't think it works with Vista .Sorry.

kalignorgna 09:42 10 Jul 2008

avg spyware was a sperate program Grisoft made before 8.0 i belevie that they made it in the transition to 8.0

however scotty if you have avg spyware then that means you probabley have AVG 7.5 so if u uninstall and download AVG 8.0 free from click here then install AVG 8.0 free to get better protection and better spyware (can't upgrade from 7.5)also click here for free Ad-Aware From Lavasoft good program for popups and bad cookeys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie