Still unable to activate game

ponytail 13:06 30 Dec 2013

Apologies but this is related to a earlier unsolved problem.I am still trying to activate my Wings of Prey game.Have been on here now since about 11.00am and got nowhere.Been in touch with ubisoft dont know why now as have been going round in circled,They told me to go to www.store.steampowered.com create account and in games library go to add a game type activation key to download game and play it.You have to enter the letters and or characters at the bottom done that now so many time and everytime get asked to do it again you can hardly make out what the letters / figures are supposedto be.Has anyone been on this site or better still uses it

Menzie 14:51 30 Dec 2013

Usually Steam is quite good when it cones to activating games. I don't have the particular title that you have but usually for me it is a case of running the Steam Client, logging in and choosing activate product from the menu.

Once you enter the product key including hyphens Steam should then pick it up as a valid key and activate it.

What is the exact message you are getting after entering the key before you are allowed to enter it again?

Graphicool1 14:52 30 Dec 2013

"you can hardly make out what the letters / figures are supposed to be."

Don't they give you the option to hear it? I've been on many sites that use this system and all bar none offer you the option of hearing it, as well as reading it. Look for the 'Speaker Symbol'.

ponytail 17:10 30 Dec 2013

have not seen any speaker symbols but must admit have not really looked will check now.When you install these games can you decide what folder to put them in

ponytail 10:27 01 Jan 2014

Have done what someone suggested and downloaded a game called War Thunder from Steam it went into Steam which is in my C drive and program files (86)what do I need to do now as when I go into program files (86) there is a long list and not sure what I am looking for.Still not given up on Wings of Prey though going to get my son to look into it as he works in computers and there is not much he does not know only dont see him very often due to distance but will get him to run my laptop remotely and see what he can do

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?