Still trying to copy deleted picture......

wozza266 17:36 04 Jul 2007

I'm using Windows XP.

Some time ago I copied some pictures from my C: drive to the E: drive to be burnt onto CD.

Even though all of the pictures were copied over, when I boot-up I get a message from the CD icon in the system tray stating that items are waiting to be copied to disc.

When I click on this to view the items nothing is there but when I choose the 'delete all items' option it tells me that it can't find the picture in question and thus can't delete it.

This message appears every time I start the PC.

Even though the picture is no longer on the PC, it still believes it is waiting to be copied.

Can anyone help me please ?

VoG II 17:48 04 Jul 2007

Have you tried: Delete CD recorder temporary files click here

Technotiger 18:33 04 Jul 2007

Also run CCleaner click here

wozza266 08:05 08 Jul 2007

Hi VoG, thanks for the advice but that was the first thing I tried.

When I go to the area for temporary files there's nothing there to delete but when I hit the delete items button anyway it tells me that I can't delete the file because it can't find it or the path it was on.

The CD icon and 'you have items waiting to be copied to disc' message still appears when I log on.

wozza266 08:10 08 Jul 2007

Hi Technotiger, thanks for the advice.

I installed CCleaner from the disc on this month's PC Advisor and ran the program but unless I've completely mucked it up (which I don't think I have as it seems pretty straight forward), it hasn't removed this file and thus the problem.

The CD icon and 'you have items waiting to be copied to disc' message still appears when I log on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?