Still slow Web Page opening

Duncanf 17:47 20 Oct 2006

I posted a thread on Monday about pages suddenly taking ages to open and blamed Orange. I've still got the problem, so to check the server, I connected up an old PC to find it is loading and opening instantaneously so there's something slowing down the web pages on my main computer. My connection to Internet Explorer is immediate and this then immediately brings up the PC Advisor main page. It's then the problems start and it's often over 2 minutes before the Helproom page appears. As I said on my previous thread I'm not aware of changing anything to cause this. I'm working with Windows XP SP2, AMD Sempron 3400+ proc., 1024MB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 6100. Any suggestions to cure this would be very much appeciated. Thanks in anticipation.

Jimmy14 02:28 21 Oct 2006

First of all what version of Internet explorer are your using? Do you have any programs like Ccleaner installed and if not download it from here, click here
Give it a good run, preferably restart your computer and you should notice a speed increase. If this doesn't solve the problem, have you got a various amount of toolbars installed on IE and have you got an up-to-date anti-virus/anti-spyware program instaleld?

Duncanf 09:54 21 Oct 2006

Thanks, Jimmy14.....I have IE6, CCleaner installed and used and Spybot Search and Destroy going. AVG is also installed. We are going away for a few days shortly so I'll see how it is on return.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone