Still Photos on VideoDVD

Newuser2381 20:03 18 Mar 2003

I wish to create a Video DVD to be read on my SONY DAV-S800 from a file of JPEG photos i.e. to create a slide show.
Although I can create/burn a disk using the NERO s/w, whilst this appears to be recognized by the SONY DVD player I am not getting any pictures on the TV screen.
The disk is read OK by my PC DVD s/w
I suspect that the SONY is expecting still pictures in MPEG format, but I cannot work out if the NERO software will convert my original picture files.
I am running XP and my CD writer is LITE-ON LTR-401255

Any suggestions/Help please

hamelin 20:49 18 Mar 2003

Why not use Nero to create a Video CD from your jpeg files, if your dvd player will support VCD

prima12 21:21 18 Mar 2003

Newuser2381
I'm not very well versed in this, but I have done it using Nero. I selected the pictures I wanted, saved them as jpeg, I think, and saved them to my Documents file with a name. I opened Nero, selected to create a VCD and opened the documents file and burnt a VCD. The disc you have created at the moment is CD data disc and will only be read by your PC. I hope this may be of some help.

y_not 21:45 18 Mar 2003

but somewhere I remember that you have to pay for the mpeg encoder for Nero?

Maybe wrong but thats what I have some vague recollection of.

Hope it helps

Tony

siouxah1 21:51 18 Mar 2003

Another method if you would like music etc on your slide show there are slide show progs available.

The one I use is Ulead DVD Pictureshow. Does cost but not too much and is very easy to use. I'm sure there are many more.

Have looked here, click here and it would appear that your standalone DVD is compatible with CDR and VCD.

If you need more info please ask.

Regards Brian j

siouxah1 21:59 18 Mar 2003

y-not,

You are indeed correct. mpeg2 encoder is needed for SVCD and will need to be purchased but mpeg for VCD is standard with Nero. So newuser2381 should be ok unless he wants SVCD. In fact there are conflicting reports on ability to play SVCD in regard to his Sony DAV S800.

Regards Brian j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?