Still NO notification of replies,,,,,,,

Furkin 09:08 27 Apr 2008

Hi again,

For some reason I no longer get Notification when/if I get replies to these posts.

I have checked and unchecked the appropriate box several times now - to no avail.

I do get notification from other forums,,,, but not this one.

I realise that the rest of you WILL be getting it o.k so i'm not saying that the site is at fault.

Somewhere along the line, there must be another way to enable / disable this,,,,

,,,, any more ideas please ?

anskyber 09:14 27 Apr 2008

Are you getting a reply now?

Furkin 09:21 27 Apr 2008

I get the replies,,,,,,

but I don't get the notification.

This has only been like it for a couple of months.

The 'Notification' box is currently ticked.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 09:25 27 Apr 2008

mine's ticked too, but i dont get them, never have. bt yahoo mail. i seem to get them from the 'typical' forum layout many sites use wilders and corsair for example. click here this type of forum.

anskyber 09:29 27 Apr 2008

What about your security settings and antivirus?

Have you allowed PCA? Are your spam settings too high?

FatboySlim71 09:53 27 Apr 2008

I have on certain forums (but not this one) not got email notifications of new posts, all I could think, was that certain email providers blocked that domain (possibly they may have had SPAM problems in the past).

All I did with the forums I didnt/couldnt get notifications from was I created a G Mail (Google Mail) email address and used this for these forums, I always now get notifications. click here

I will add that I do not use G Mail for this forum, I use my ISP's email and if my memory serves me right I always get the replies.

Graham. 10:03 27 Apr 2008

Go to your ISPs server and look in the spam folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?