still confused

  dumb_haddik 17:21 11 Mar 2007

people have told me that i can setup an ad hoc network between my two pcs using just two network cards. I do not have an internet connection on either of the pcs, an i don't want one either.

I was just wondering if this click here adapter which i have found will work with ad hoc, because i would hate to buy one and then find it is not compatible.

thanks a lot

  dumb_haddik 17:22 11 Mar 2007

would a usb network adapter work as well?
Thanks again

  dumb_haddik 14:34 17 Mar 2007

equiptment will i need? thanks

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:11 17 Mar 2007

You can connect (network) by

1, a cat5 crossover cable (cheapest) if you have a LAN connection (network card) in each machine click here

2, set up a wireless network if both machines have wireles card or use wireless usb adaptors. click here

3, Use a USB connection cable (more expensive than 1) click here

  howard64 17:13 17 Mar 2007

for a simple network with just 2 pcs a crossover cable and 2 network cards will work using internet connection sharing. If your pcs are in the same room you can buy a crossover cable cheaply it looks like a patch cable but has 2 of the wires crossed over from the normal patch cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache