STILL can't access MS Update Site...Any ideas?

GibsonSt19 20:25 27 Aug 2003

Hiya people, is anyone else experiencing this?

It's been about a week now of constant trying, but I've not been able to connect to update.

Thanks guys and gals

the lone cloner 20:31 27 Aug 2003

tryclick here may be of help to you.

GibsonSt19 20:34 27 Aug 2003

However, it's not really what I'm looking for

I need my PC to autoupdate also, however it's not doing this either :(

Any ideas?

Bertie B 20:34 27 Aug 2003

Just accessed microsoft.com and scanned for updates - no problem at all - did so aas well on my daughter's PC a few nights ago!!

What OS are you using? Is it one that is affected by the Blaster Worm, etc.? Have you updated your ant-virus software?

GibsonSt19 21:31 27 Aug 2003

I have a feeling that with all the viri flying arounda the moment, it's going to be best practice to keep the 'puter updated.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Ironman556 21:49 27 Aug 2003

MS are discontinuing support for 98, I've not been ale to get download on 98 for a while without getting error messages.

GibsonSt19 21:50 27 Aug 2003

Surely they're not discontinuing support for this?!

Gaz 25 21:52 27 Aug 2003

click here for updates.

And YES, microsoftare NOT supporting 98 anymore, so no updates for 98.

krypt1c 21:55 27 Aug 2003
  fred 21:56 27 Aug 2003

I had a message saying thank you for your interest in windows update you must be using windows to use this system (os similar words) I found that Internet security was set to hide the operating system. Changed this setting and updates work as normal.

GibsonSt19 22:02 27 Aug 2003

However this has made no difference :(

It's only since I 'contracted' Blaster that this has been happening, however I successfully removed it and updated my NAV definitions. I have also used Ad-aware to ensure no naughty software is resticting access...it found nothing.

This is doing my nut in, as all I want to do is visit the update site and choose some non-critical updates, as well as download all the critical stuff too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?