sticking system restore

Teaboy 17:11 07 Feb 2009

Hello chaps, I'm having a little trouble with system restore on my computer, When selected the program take about ten minutes to appear on the worktop. Once there it seems to work ok.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

birdface 18:20 07 Feb 2009

I hear it is slow to show on some computers using Vista.Is that what you use.

Teaboy 18:26 07 Feb 2009

buteman

Afirmative- 'tho the slowness is just recently. Prior to this it appeared promptly.

Teaboy 18:28 07 Feb 2009

PS. sorry about recently, should of course be recent.

Sea Urchin 18:55 07 Feb 2009

It is a known bug in Vista - guess you were fortunate that it originally worked faster. This Google search page shows that it is quite widespread, and that basically the solution is to ..... wait.

click here

birdface 18:55 07 Feb 2009

Hi Sorry I do not know a lot about it.It was on a thread Last week and I read a few comments about it being slow to open on Vista.But obviously if yours has just started to slow down there must be some sort of problem with it.
I will have a quick look and see if I can find the thread and if so will post it on here for you.

birdface 19:11 07 Feb 2009

This from that thread but no mention of how to fix it.

click here

Teaboy 18:24 09 Feb 2009

Sea Urchin.- I have looked at your link, describes my problem exactly.look like I shall have to wait for windows 7.

Mr buteman.- I scanned you link, the same as Sea Urchin link plenty of like problems, no solution.

O well! thanks for trying.

Teaboy 18:31 09 Feb 2009

PS.- there seems to be a link with the slow to open system restore and the link system protection, which takes ages to show "available disks"

harrodski11 21:49 09 Feb 2009

A friend of mine recently reccomended Rollback RX as a replacement for system restore. Apparently it is much faster than system restore, and much less bug prone. It mirrors the entire hard driver.

woodchip 21:56 09 Feb 2009

Just got a E-Mail from Znet that Windows 7 will load and work OK on 512mb Ram no significant slow down

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?