Stera program not found

hiwatt 09:53 21 Dec 2007

Hi folks,when booting my computer I 'm seeing a message that say "stera program not found skipping check" then it boots as normal.I've done a google search and some are saying it's spyware.I've ran all my anti stuff updated and they find nothing?Anybody know what this is for sure and how to fix it?Thankyou.

Technotiger 10:05 21 Dec 2007

Dunno what it is, but you could try running Ccleaner click here this get rid of a lot of rubbish.

hiwatt 10:11 21 Dec 2007

I'm not sure what it is?Ccleaner won't remove it though.It's a message being displayed on boot up(before reaching the desktop) while the screen is blue but it then boots as normal?Thanks.

Technotiger 10:28 21 Dec 2007

Did you run your Anti-everything stuff with System Restore turned off, or in Safe mode - sometimes a hiding place for these things. Also, do so off-line.

If you decide to try as above, don't forget to turn System Restore back on again afterwards.

birdface 10:34 21 Dec 2007

Try running your security programs and see if they find anything.I did google it .But could find nothing deffinate to fix your problem.Plus there were a lot of bad sites so did not open it for you.

birdface 10:53 21 Dec 2007

Its nothing to do with this program is it.Sfera.click here Don't you just hate it when you Google for something And about 95% of the pages that you open have nothing whatever to do with what you are looking for.And it seams to be getting worse.

hiwatt 11:17 21 Dec 2007

None of my programs find anything to do with it.I've never had that Sfera software on my pc.It's as if windows is looking for it while booting up?I have no idea what it could be?Thanks.p.s,I've not uninstalled anything lately either.

hiwatt 11:19 21 Dec 2007

I did find this click here relating to it but I'm not sure how it helps me.Thanks

skidzy 11:28 21 Dec 2007

This is a possible Trojan downloader !!click here

Download Superantispyware (free version) click here update and run in safemode.

Safemode
Continually tap F8 on startup.

hiwatt 16:19 21 Dec 2007

I ran SAS in safe mode(with system restore off)and it found nothing as did all my other anti stuff.I've posted on the anti malware forum to see if someone there can help .Thanks.

skidzy 17:05 21 Dec 2007

Turning off system restore is not always the best move to make,but as its done now we can work from that.

Run HJT = hijackthis click here and post the log at MWR click here

Let us know once registered,and we can follow your progress.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?