Steam Problems

Mytob 18:07 03 Feb 2006

Ok so iv got hl2 and wanna come back to play it again after a few months of not using it. So i load steam and after waiting for it to update which it never does i get the chois of loging in or creating a new account. So i click on the login button and am presented with the following message

a href="click here" target="_blank"> img src="click here" border="0" alt="Free Image Hosting at click here" /> /a>

iv logged in befor to steam with no probs atall and yes i am connected to the net :) any ideas?

Skyver 18:13 03 Feb 2006

Perhaps you need to update the Steam client itself ; click here

Mytob 18:16 03 Feb 2006

already tryed it. this is a positive insult considering how much iv payed for it!

Skyver 18:21 03 Feb 2006

Are you using a router? Are there ports that you need to open? If this link doesn't appear correctly, I wouldn't be surprised but here goes;

click here**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Skyver 18:21 03 Feb 2006

You'll need to reconstruct it.

Mytob 18:37 03 Feb 2006

nop[e opend all required ports on router and uninstalled steam and reinstalled it fro the site but still nutin.

Skyver 18:43 03 Feb 2006

Give TCPView a try - leave it running and see if your computer is hooking up with the right servers/ports;
click here

Skyver 18:43 03 Feb 2006

Are you on broadband via ADSL?

Mytob 18:44 03 Feb 2006

ok im now getting the following error message after waiting for 5 mins

error
steam.exe (main exception): unable to load libray Steam.dll

Mytob 18:44 03 Feb 2006

adsl line with a dynamic ip adress from bt.

Skyver 18:51 03 Feb 2006

Un-install Steam, reboot,re-install Steam.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?