steam account

rgtyfhr 13:26 29 Mar 2011

becase of a dreaded blue screen I have lost my steam account I can retreive it but only by using a code problem is steam say they have sent this code to my hotmail address which i don1t use anymore and i don1t beleive it exists anyway if it is lurking around in my computer where is it likely to be and how can I get to it.
Daft thing is steam have got my current email address so why didn`t they use it.
Help please

Graphicool1 13:49 29 Mar 2011

Wouldn't the easiest thing be, to explain to 'steam' about your situation regarding the disused hotmail account. Then ask them to send the code again to your current email address?

lotvic 01:05 30 Mar 2011

You could try - download the free SIW (system information tool) click here
run it and then look under 'Passwords' if your hotmail a/c is lurking somewhere it should with luck show you it.
On my pc it shows me my old email addy's and passwords for quite a few deleted email accounts.
This is presuming you used to collect it from your mail program on your pc and not purely a Webmail hotmail addy.

carver 08:33 30 Mar 2011

Unless you have verified your new e-mail address with steam the codes will be sent to your old address, this is to stop people from hi-jacking your account.

What you will have to do is go into your account and click on settings, that should show the valid e-mail address that steam have for you, if it doesn't then you will have to contact steam through support and try to alter things from there.

Thalmus 09:05 30 Mar 2011

Cain and able can find stored passwords on your machine

click here

carver 09:58 30 Mar 2011

It doesn't matter if rgtyfhr finds the old code and password because steam have sent him a new code to access his account, without that code he can not get in to steam.

So he can look all he wants and it will do no good, the only other thing is to get access to his old e-mail address and get the latest code from that, unless he contacts steam support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?