Steam

acceptmyname 16:47 27 Jul 2007

I play (play huh that would be the day) some of my games through the program steam (currently trying to play HL2 Episode 1). It all loads up ok and I chose my setting and then start a new game but this is were my problem is because it just wont load up my new or saved games. I have been on the stean website but I can not find anything about it I have also joineds so I can write athread on there forum but I have to wait to be excepted so I though i would try here 1st.

Has anybody got any idea why this would be.

acceptmyname 16:55 27 Jul 2007

/

McD 12:47 28 Jul 2007

I assume you have an account with steam, you have to open a steam account, and download source codes to make the game work? Can you play online, and have you tried offline mode? Steam can be VERY fickle, and even when it "says" it is 100% loaded, check to see if the dedicated server is still updating. Check here click here for more of the common causes.

gudgulf 13:21 28 Jul 2007

Does your pc meet all the system requirements for the game?

I have a lot of games on Steam....about 65GB worth on my hard drive and have not had any problems with any of them.

You could try uninstalling the game and then re-downloading/reinstalling it through Steam, just in case the game has some corrupt files in it.

You can preserve your save games by navigating to the Episode 1 folder and copying the Save Game folder to another location.Then after reinstalling copy it back to the game folder.

It should be in Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/"your user name"/Half-life 2 episode 1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?