Startup Problems

The Woman Eater 00:28 21 May 2008

Hey,

I recently moved my Pc (which includes an ASUS P5WD motherboard, 3gb of DDR2 RAM, a Nvidia 7950, a Pentium Dual 3.4ghz Cpu, a winfast Tv tuner card, two hard drives an 80gig master and 200 gig slave. I am running a validated version of Vista Ultimate 32- bit)
After i moved my computer i hooked all the correct cables back to my pc and tried to power up my pc powered up for about ten seconds and then powered back down. During that ten seconds no screens would start so i dont exactly know what the error is but A high pitch whining noise is now being emmitted from my power supply every time i plug the power cord into it. This is really annoying me.
I tried to power it back up to no avail and now the longer i leave it off the longer it powers up for. For example if i turn it back on straight after it it would power down after a few seconds but if i leave it off for an hour and try again it will power up for maybe 30-40 seconds before powering down. Still no screens boot.

I thought it might be to do with the Whining power supply but wanted to make sure before i order a new one.a

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:14 21 May 2008

Certainly sounds as if the PSU is faulty.

Switch off
unplug from mains and then hold power switch in for 30 seconds.

replug into mains and see if it will boot.

The Woman Eater 00:22 22 May 2008

K cheers ill give it a shot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?