startup-post beep- fan runs hard- 2nd post beep??

g40 20:07 08 Feb 2006

My Asrock K7S8X, AMD+ 2.1, 512 MB PC has always run fine, but now it starts ok although the fan seems to be racing on, then the post beep, fine, then just as the fan starts to slow and the resultant volume deceases from the aforesaid fan, a second post-style beep occurs.
I have a program called MotherBoardMonitor which tells me that the minimum speed for the fan is 2500RPM, my CPU temp is (approx) 47 to 54 , Mobo temp around 31, what could the problem be, i cant find any specific info on the net after hours of looking, thanks for any help, G

wobblymike 21:16 08 Feb 2006

Before you do anything else reseat your RAM modules. If this doesn't fix it go back to basics - disconnect everything from your mobo except graphics card, power and RAM does it boot the monitor on start up? If not and you only have 1 ram module fitted beg or borrow another and try that - if you have 2 ram modules try them one at a time on their own. Post back when done and advise
Rgds

g40 18:26 11 Feb 2006

Should be back home tomorrow, sunday so i shall definitely try out the help you have sent, and will report asap, thank you, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017