Startup up logo-loop issue. Possible OS issue?

Kaspinall 12:15 18 Aug 2017

Hi,

I have a Zoostorm gaming desktop PC, I5 GTX 960, 16GB RAM 250GB SSD (on which the OS is stored) and a 1tb hardrive. I was doing a full reset through windows, wiping everything off apart from the OS, however an error occurred and prompted me to restart. But on that restart and every boot up since I get to the Zoostorm boot up screen, the screen goes black, then the zoostorm logo comes back up (with the BIOS options). I'm guessing the OS or SSD the OS is stored in is corrupt in some way, it's basically on a startup logo-loop. Does anyone have any advice? I really need to get this sorted soon as I'm going to University so any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:31 18 Aug 2017

Is the SSD showing as first boot device in the BIOS?

Kaspinall 12:35 18 Aug 2017

Would it appear under boot option?

Thanks for replying

Kaspinall 12:42 18 Aug 2017

I can select the Boot option as 'Windows boot manager (PO:patriot blast)'. The other option is to enter the set up, but I can't see any SSD option anywhere :/

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:26 18 Aug 2017

Windows boot manager (PO:patriot blast) - that is your SSD

Need to see if the BIOS can detect it and your other hard drive

Kaspinall 15:36 18 Aug 2017

Please forgive my ignorance fruit bat, but how do I check that?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:30 19 Aug 2017

Depends on what BIOS is being used "Award" IBM etc click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017