startup errors

Liza 12:44 10 Dec 2008

Hello all

I keep getting following messages on startup on the XP part of my Vista/XP dual screen. Does anyone know why please. Thanks. Liza

AirGCFG.exe Entry point not found
The procedure entry point aps Search Interface could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll

WZCLDR2.exe Entry point not found
The procedure entry point aps Get Ready could not be located.
>

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:52 10 Dec 2008

Both belong to your Dlink wireless router software

AirGCFG.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 1249280 bytes (26% of all occurrence), 1236992 bytes, 1245184 bytes, 1544192 bytes, 2715648 bytes, 1216512 bytes, 1228800 bytes, 2711552 bytes, 25600 bytes.
The file is not a Windows system file. You can uninstall this program in the control panel. Program is loaded during the Windows boot process (see Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run).

Try reinstall the router software that came onCD with the router.

Rahere 12:56 10 Dec 2008

Fruitbat is right that the files relate to a Dlink router. There are a few comments on the net about this - You will have to reinstall your router drivers - Go to the d-link web site and download the latest drivers to be sure of compatibility.

Liza 12:01 18 Dec 2008

Hello Fruit Bat /\0/\ and Rahere

Thank you for your help and sorry for long delay but I have been inundated with other things as I am sure you are at this time of year. Yes I have dealt with it as you said and no more hiccups. I have upgraded xp to sp3. Thanks once again, Liza

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?