starting windows xp

h_khabbazan316 22:52 11 Apr 2008

while playing counter strike source on my pc. my pc froze and crashed after trying to restart it i aways seemed to get the blue screen of death u know the one were it says that u have installed something that may not be working properly. This only happens when i load xp in normal version when i try to load xp in safe mode it works fine but as u may well know its of limited use. Once while in safe mode i was able to get it to restore to a previous date but now when i try to run it in safe mode it says that i need to activate the version of windows on the microsoft website and as u can't activate it in safe mode have to use the propper mode and as i can't use the propper mode bcoz it crashes. I think the crash is bcoz of a graphics card/driver issue but im not sure. any help would be much abliged
Thankyou

VoG II 22:55 11 Apr 2008

what is the exact error message that you get on the blue screen?

h_khabbazan316 23:03 11 Apr 2008

the error message starts off with
PAGE_FAULT_FOUND_IN_NON-PAGE_ARE

h_khabbazan316 23:12 11 Apr 2008

sorry that should be
PAGE_FAULT_FOUND_IN_NON-PAGE_AREA

bsod errors
click here

h_khabbazan316 23:18 11 Apr 2008

how do i know which ones mine that website really confuses me

PAGE_FAULT_FOUND_IN_NON-PAGE_AREA
click here

sorry that didnt work click on 19 in left pane

h_khabbazan316 23:26 11 Apr 2008

BUT THATS BAD POOL AREA

sorry my mistake left pane
5o page fault

h_khabbazan316 23:31 11 Apr 2008

ok i found it but that still doesn't help i haven't installed any new hardware the only bit of software i installed was a windows update thing and i didn't even take much attention to it when i installed it. what do you think the problem could be

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?