Start up times and F_Secure

rogerl_uk 08:19 12 Dec 2006

I have recently changed my internet security to trial F-Secure. It appears to start as the last programme in the start up sequence, and my boot time (the time taken to load all the programmes in my start up sequence) appears to be longer than withy my previous internet security suite (Kaspersky).

Has anyone found that F_Secure has a long start up time, and can I change the order of programmes starting up so that it loads earlier in the sequence?

My start-up programmes include

F_Secure
Win Patrol
Quick start (Open Office)
Windows Defender
CanSecu
Vaio Update

rawprawn 09:46 12 Dec 2006

I run F-Secure with no problems, I think it may be the two Office programs that are slowing you down. Neither of these are needed at Start Up.
There is a way that you can chang the order of programs starting up by delaying some and leaving the ones you want to start first alone.I have forgotten what it is called but I can search for it if you want

rogerl_uk 10:07 12 Dec 2006

Thanks for the tip. I'll remove them and try again.

I have searched for information about changing the order, but not found anything, so any help would be appreciated.

rawprawn 10:51 12 Dec 2006

click here Have a look at this, I haven't used it myself but I am going to take a look. It seems as if this may be what you are looking for.

rogerl_uk 14:45 12 Dec 2006

Hi rwwprawn

Thanks for the info. I'll let you know if I try it and how I get on with it.

rogerl_uk 14:45 12 Dec 2006

Hi rwwprawn

Thanks for the info. I'll let you know if I try it and how I get on with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?