start up screen

joaniem1947 12:28 25 Mar 2008

please please help ,i know it`s not a big problem but it`s annoying..can anyone tell me why i have to press f1 to get to windows screen please

Pesala 13:51 27 Mar 2008

Your question is not too clear, which may be why there is no answer yet. Are you talking about the messages on the screen before Windows starts?

Normally, Windows will start up after a short delay, during which time you can press F1 (or sometimes another key) to enter the BIOS screens. If you do nothing, Windows will start up in a few seconds. If you need to change something in BIOS (not normally necessary), then you must press F1 during those few seconds.

If you're getting an error message, make sure that your keyboard is plugged in properly.

Sea Urchin 15:00 27 Mar 2008

This thread has already been answered on

click here

To joaniem1947 it's confusing to start two threads with the same subject - if nobody answers first time round you can bump it to the top of the list by adding a comment yourself to the original thread.

joaniem1947 17:55 27 Mar 2008

thanks sea urchin i will know next time i`m new to this site ,but i think it`s great ,also thank you to pesala for responding anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?