Start Programs MRU list missing

Howard's Way 22:43 06 Jun 2004

I am using Windows ME and until recently when I went to Start and then programs it used to display a Most Recently Used list of programs first then all the programs.

But now the MRU list is not displayed just the list of all the programs. I have looked in settings, Task bar and Start menus but cannot find anything that resembles a MRU list for programs.

Anyone got any ideas?

hugh-265156 00:42 07 Jun 2004

not sure about win ME but in xp its

right click taskbar/properties/advanced/start menu/customise/advanced and tick 'list my most recentlt opened documents'

some anti spyware programs like spybot can clear this list.have you ever used anything like this maybe?

Howard's Way 20:12 07 Jun 2004

Thanks for the tip huggyg71 but that is Okay for the documents, but I am talking about programs. If you go start/programs you should get a small list of programs that have been used recently but I do not get this anymore just a complete list of programs.

hugh-265156 00:25 08 Jun 2004

its the same i think for the most recent programs displayed next to the all programs menu in xp.im not sure of the layout in win me.

these are also cleared after i run spybot search and destroy for example if i allow it to clear these.

do you use spybot?

open it and click settings then untick: 'usage tracking' and 'tracks uti' and it should leave these alone in future.

i think

Howard's Way 19:49 08 Jun 2004

I don't have spy bot but it has started working again I checked Use personlized menus and it is back.

Thanks for your help huggyg71

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?