Start, Programme

Spr 15:35 29 Jul 2006

Going to Start, Programme, the list that appears has some empty short cuts in it. I have tried to delete them I.E I use to be able to delete them by left clicking the mouse button, now nothing happens, how can I get rid of these empty short cuts.
I’m running Widows XP

Gongoozler 15:38 29 Jul 2006

You should be able to delete them if you're logged in as Administrator. The shortcuts are actually in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Account name\Start Menu\Programs, where Account name might be administrator, your name or something else.

sean-278262 15:39 29 Jul 2006

Right click on the start menu and explore all users icon, then just remove them like you would any item on your computer.

vinnyT 15:41 29 Jul 2006

Have you got admin privelidges in the account you are trying to delete the entries from? If you havn't, then log in to the admin account and try there.

Bribabby 15:52 29 Jul 2006

I have the problem of when I switch on, the windows start up screen complete with icons appears but no toolbar, just blank spaces on the bottom of the screen. On switching on I am also
unable to access Safe Mode. can anyone help

VoG II 15:55 29 Jul 2006

You should have started your own subject but

click here and click here

Spr 16:09 29 Jul 2006

I have tried what has been recommended
C:\Documents and Settings\Account name\Start Menu\Programs, there is no Account name, when I go to Documents and Settings\Administrator\ Start Menu\Programs\Startup the folder it is empty.

sean-278262 16:15 29 Jul 2006

Try my suggestion above.

woodchip 16:15 29 Jul 2006

Right click on Start button\Open Double click Programs go to the programs shortcut in Startup and right click and delete

Spr 17:22 29 Jul 2006

Got there in the end all deleted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?