Start-up problem with SisBase.dll

Vicmohi 12:08 19 Mar 2007

I am using an AMD processor based PC running Windows XP Home-SP2. After Windows Update automatically installed two recent updates (KB925720 and KB927802) I always get error message on start-up. This states:
"keyhook.exe-Entry Point not found - The procedure entry point ?ReadKeyString@CSiSReg@@SAHPADOHOPAUHKEY_@@K@Z could not be found in the dynamic link library SiSBase.dll".
Checking around web I find that many people are having same problem and all consider it caused by the two Microsoft updates mentioned. No one seems to have a cure? Have tried uninstalling the two updates but doesn't help and auto update promptly re-installs them anyway. Have tried rolling back with System Restore to a date before the problem arose but still doesn't solve problem. One person suggested that the SisBase.dll on my system should be replaced by reinstalling it again from my original AMD SiS set-up disc (AS17). However, others have said this could still result in problems as this original has almost certainly been updated within the interim period and I will lose those OK updates to it and maybe then have other problems.
Can anyone suggest a correction and maybe comment on if OK to re-install from the original disc.

Vicky

skidzy 16:12 19 Mar 2007

click here
click here

If you have the disc i would use this.Regarding the MS updates,you can decline these updates by setting it to custom install and not to download these again.

jmshll 14:13 04 May 2007

I saw this problem after installing the latest SiS harware update via Microsoft Update.

Undo it by rolling back the display driver to its previous version...

Right-click on 'My Computer' >
Properties > Hardware Tab > Device Manager >
Double click on 'Display adapters' >
Double click on your SiS adapter >
Driver Tab > Roll Back Driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?