Start up problem

mr. h 10:38 23 Jan 2007

hi

unable to get a signal on the screen from PC

running nForce 680i SLI motherboard with Geforce 8800GTS card

The board has an on board LED display which shows code 11 Init Memory Controller , (description) PLL Init.

Have cleared the CMOS using the jumper do i need to reprogram the CMOS if so how

Gongoozler 11:08 23 Jan 2007

The only way I know of restoring the CMOS settings is to do it manually. During boot-up, assuming that you've cleared the problem that caused the lack of display, you will get a message saying which keyboard key to press to enter setup. Once you are in the CMOS setup screens you need to make any necessary changes. These days BIOS default settings are generally mostly correct and few changes - if any - are needed. You need to read the motherboard manual carefully to know the effect of any changes.

mr. h 11:13 23 Jan 2007

cant get any display on the monitor whatsoever

Gongoozler 11:57 23 Jan 2007

Do you get the usual POST (Power On Self Test) beep at startup?

vinnyT 12:15 23 Jan 2007

Is this a new build, or has the pc been working and this is a recent error?

If it's a new build, try re-seating everything again.

mr. h 16:22 23 Jan 2007

It beeps once then a continous beep.

We have got all drives unpluged except motherboard and video card.

skidzy 16:25 23 Jan 2007

If more than one stick of ram..try just one in slot one first,also try removing and reseating the ram.

Gongoozler 16:27 23 Jan 2007

A continuous beep usually means that there is a problem with the memory. Try reseating the memory, if that doesn't help then, if you have more than one stick of memory, try running with just one of them.

mr. h 16:30 23 Jan 2007

Ok i will try that.

Thanks

mr. h 16:42 23 Jan 2007

I have taken out 1 stick of memory and it works.

The bad news, it comes up with an eror starting with "when try to reset a password" but flashes away quickly.

skidzy 16:46 23 Jan 2007

Maybe its time to check that memory with memtest click here or visit Crucial for guaranteed compatibility or they will refund/replace.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?