Start Menu

surfer47 13:08 04 Nov 2009

Hi.
I recently changed over to Windows Vista and the changeover seems to have created 2 "Document" folders. Vista seems to have picked the wrong folder to show on the Star Menu. I got all the folders I want into one of the Documents and deleted the other and now when I click on Documents on the right hand side of the
Start menu nothing happens. The folder with all stuff still exists amd I can access it from "Explore". How can I get this one to the start menu?
Regards
M

Taff™ 16:49 04 Nov 2009

The file structure on Vista is different. On XP the tree was C:\Documents & Settings\[YourUserName]\My Documents and on Vista it is C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents. If you used the Windows Easy Transfer that`s where Vista would have transferred the however I guess you transferred them manually.

Simply find your old "My Documents" and move them to the default Vista Location.

Incidentally, "My Music" is no longer a sub folder of My Documents in Vista so you might want to move the entire contents to C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Music and similarly with Videos.

Hope that helps.

surfer47 20:27 08 Nov 2009

Taff. Thanks for that, sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?