start up disc & registery question....

lennyeggy 11:06 17 May 2007

Hi all

I have a couple of questions that I need to ask.

1) my computer was refurbished and didn't come with a disc - at first it asked if I wanted to create a start up disc but as I didn't have any at the time I said no. I've since brought some but I am unable restart this request? How do I make a start up disc. I'm worried if my computer crashed I would be left with an empty shell... sort of! (I have software from previous computers but isn't there a link between the software and the processor/boards etc??)

2) I'm a photographic retoucher and have been using a 30 day trial of Photoshop CS2 for training and I would like to know if there is a way to get rid of any registery details so I can reload it? This is just for training purposes and I have no wish to do anything illegal!

Thanks for any info and help anyone can offer.

MichelleC 11:24 17 May 2007

here's how to make a start up/boot disc click here

We can't tell you on an open forum how to cheat the registation trial period. (you can email me with the yellow envelope though).

Just type 'free imaging software' in google and you'll get a choice.

lennyeggy 11:56 17 May 2007

Thanks for the info

just one thing: If I download boot disk onto my computer I take it I can save it to a Disc - I notice the site said you can save it to your computer for later use but if my computer crashes - how would I use the software?? (this is probably a dumbo question - sorry)

I'll give it a go when I get home.

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?