Start Button Or Programmes (I Think)

NotSureBoutThis 19:44 23 Nov 2006

Hi

When I click on the start button, at the very top, I have a globe showing, right underneath the globe, it states Opera.

Well, sometime ago I did install Opera, but due to the slow pages I uninstalled it via Add & Remove, I than ran CCleaner.

Why is it stating Opera?

I’m really confused.

VoG II 19:45 23 Nov 2006

What happens if you click on it?

NotSureBoutThis 19:57 23 Nov 2006

Hello VoG

Guess how embarrassed I am, by that question you asked?

I never even thought about that, duh, I’m slow at learning, but learning I am, even with some embarrassment!!!

I’m at family right now, when I get home, I’ll do as you suggested, and see what happens.

Out of my embarrassment, it’s a good job we are able to remain anonymous on these forums.

NotSureBoutThis 20:14 23 Nov 2006

Hello VoG

I clicked on it, and it opens a page “Internet Properties”

VoG II 20:43 23 Nov 2006

If you don't want it, right click on it and select Delete.

NotSureBoutThis 21:16 23 Nov 2006

VoG

OK, Sorted Thanks.

HenryWilliam 09:28 24 Nov 2006

I have Windows XP Home edition . When clicking on "Start" and then "All Programs" , I get all my programs listed on the screen. But they are all in 3 columns , but there are more programs, but not shown on the screen, and that balance is in a 4th column, which I cannot get on the screen. Is there a way to get them on the screen, e.g. by narrowing the first 3 columns ?

trispen911 11:59 25 Nov 2006

To Henry

Might have been better to start a new subject of your own for this, but never mind.

What I've done is create new folders in "All programs" and consolidate some of the programs in there. Cuts down the length of the list no end.

Way to do it is:

Right click the Start button.

Select "Explore All Users".

Open the "Programs" folder and create a new folder in there.(Right click in the window, then "New" then "Folder").

In my case, I renamed a new folder as "Maintenance etc", then dragged all appropriate programs like anti-virus, Registry Cleaner, Ccleaner, etc.,i.e everything I considered to come under Maintenance into it. For good measure I also changed the folder icon to something more recogniseable.

I've also got one called "Graphics" which now contains all my image handling stuff, paintshop etc.

By doing this you can condense lots of individual program names on the list into just a few folders.

Hope this helps.

StephenRogers 22:12 27 Nov 2006

hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

Using 'explore all users' I've organised the folders in start menu - programs,

but then I find that there are a couple in the 'all programs' box that do not appear in the start menu - program folder, so I can't move them - examples are a game's unistaller, windows messenger...

any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?