Starnge happenings

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 23:29 27 Dec 2003

Ok,just booted my pc did the post test np then nothin nada,just a black screen no hdd activaty nothin,so i had to reset got the screen that say windows didnt finish loading and askes what i wanna do normal/safe mode so started normal np worked a treat,so i shut down pc then booted back up np,then i did it again and left it 5 mins this time black screen again until i reset,no error message no nothin just stopped,any 1 know what this could be?

Regards.

DieSse 23:37 27 Dec 2003

The most common cause is the hard drive getting slow at starting up. If this happens after only 5mins switch off - beware, it could just be the hard drive is about to fail.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 23:40 27 Dec 2003

The post test smart thing says both drives are ok
is there another way to tell?

Regards.

DieSse 23:43 27 Dec 2003

Try setting the long memory test in the BIOS (Quick Power On Test set to DISABLED) - this gives the drive more time to get spinning before it's asked to actually boot.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 23:47 27 Dec 2003

Ok will try that thx,wont tick yet tho lol.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:30 28 Dec 2003

Ok did the bios thing and turned off last night came again today did the same thing on boot,but it works ok on reset.

Regards.

Big Elf 11:35 28 Dec 2003

Try a hard drive testing tool, usually available from the manufacturers website to test the disk.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:39 28 Dec 2003

Do i hve to get 1 for the model of my disk or are they universal? i have a segate drive but not sure on model.

Regards.

Big Elf 11:45 28 Dec 2003

I'm not really sure. Check their website as they may give advice on using it.

christmascracker 11:45 28 Dec 2003
  Big Elf 11:46 28 Dec 2003

They seem to have a single diagnostics tool at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?