Star test follow up

Belatucadrus 17:35 24 May 2004

It just struck me that a year has passed since some of us did the Star suite evaluation, it seemed to work OK any chance of a repeat with something else ?

Lionheart ? 17:46 24 May 2004

Would be good, enjoyed the last one.

Djohn 17:52 24 May 2004

Excellent idea, I too enjoyed the last one. How about different O/S? Linux maybe?

Mister Splendid 18:47 24 May 2004

Please enlighten me and post a link.

cream. 18:52 24 May 2004

Yes it kept us on our toes for a week or two.

I enjoyed it and learned quite a bit. :-)

Mister Splendid, don't know if the F.E. would like us to post a link?

Djohn 19:01 24 May 2004

It was a separate forum within PCA where some 200 members took part in an evaluation test of "Star office". We each received a copy of this program, then set certain task to do over the following week.

Challenging and interesting to do, difficult at times but help from other members taking part was available from the "Star" forum. Very enjoyable. j.

Peverelli 19:07 24 May 2004

A year goes quickly, doesn't it?

I've since binned StarOffice as it wasn't as compatible with Word/Excel et al as I would have liked. Still thought it was good value at the price though.

Belatucadrus 19:35 24 May 2004

Sorry but all the links went down as the forum was deleted shortly after the tests were completed. There was an article on Star in one of the issues of PCA, based around comments and perceptions of the team of guinea pigs, but I can't remember what issue it was in.

cream. 19:49 24 May 2004

Yes you are correct. Forgot that F.E. was deleting everything.

I can still see all the links in " my postings " but they just lead to the main PCA page. Never got round to re-reading them.

Mister Splendid 20:02 24 May 2004

Thank-you Djohn, Belatucadrus and The village idiot. Unfortunately I do not use Start Office.

Djohn 20:05 24 May 2004

July 2003 is the issue with follow up results can be ordered from the subscriptions page or downloaded in PDF format for a small fee. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?