Star* protected drivers?

allanon 10:34 10 Jul 2009

My son loaded Heroes of an Annihaled Empire on my PC.However my system appears to be suffering from slowdown, which was not evident before. I uninstalled the game but no difference. He said that that in order to play the game he had to installed protected drivers from the game disk?.It was called "star ..." something - he said. I tried to reinstall the game so that I could see the message and it did not appear. I thus assume that whatever it is, is still on my PC since it did not say that I had to install the same. The "star......." does not appear on add/remove programs screen either. Does anyone know what this is?, and how to get rid of it?. My son maintains that he hasn't installed anything else, and after looking at the PC I'm inclined to believe him. Any ideas?.I seem to recall seeing an article concerning something similar but I can't remember any details. I think the allegation was that it acted as a form of spyware by game desginers??.

brundle 10:40 10 Jul 2009

StarForce perhaps - download and run "sfremove" here; click here

Create a System Restore point first

allanon 11:35 10 Jul 2009

brundle, thanks very much, this solved it. I don't understand why this program slows the system so much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?