stand-by problem

jimmer409® 08:43 09 May 2004

Hi everyone, hope someone can help. every once in a while (happened today and about a week ago)when i put the computer in stand-by and later power up, instead of the mormal login screen, the computer does a full start and than goes into scan disc mode, can't seem to find anything that would cause this to happen. help appreciated.

jimmer409® 09:22 09 May 2004

forgot to say running xp home

jimmer409® 11:19 09 May 2004

just rebooted from stand-by, ok, but has a serious error recovery message as follows
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini050904.02.dmp, does anyone out there have any ideas???

jimmer409® 19:09 10 May 2004

still having problems, still waiting for some help, does anyone know what the Minidump file is for and can you delete it, it seems to be the root of my problem, replies greatly appreciated.

Simon_P 19:42 10 May 2004

Is a Minimum memory dump file that is created by your OS for diagnostics, and can be sent to Microsoft.

I doubt that is the route of your problems. But may hold the answer to them.

I suspect that the problem lies with the Standby feature, I don’t have specific knowledge of that.

I fine that hibernate is a better tool than standby. If this only happens with standby, try using hibernate at least until you resolve the problem.

At least this will bump you to the top.

jimmer409® 20:07 10 May 2004

thanks, simon 7063, tried that before, takes too long to boot from hib, really just want to sort the boot from s/b problem, once again thanks for the reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?