Stand by button is dimmed

bibo1465 23:59 28 Feb 2005

hi everyone

Please i need your help.I format and reinstall windows xp SP2 on last Saturday, before i format windows the stand by was working normally, and on the screen saver , when i click on power section,the Hybernation tab is missing as well.

Can you please tell me how make Stand by active as well as Hybernation?
-Do you think if i install the graphic card software will solve the problem?

Another problem, I have norton internet security 2002, it blocking me to use a lot of web site, i add rule to some of them.

It block my Peer2peer(Ares,Limewire)windows messenger,email(microsoft office outlook), those only works if i disable Norton internet security.

Please how to configure norton to be able to use all those program and to stop Norton block me to use web sites.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you for your help in advance
bibo

phoenix198 00:28 01 Mar 2005

Not sure about your Internet Security problems (is 2002 compatible with XP-2?) but having the "Standby" button greyed out does sound like a graphics card driver problem.

If you have them, you should reinstall your graphics card drivers, or download the latest versions and do so.

bibo1465 01:07 13 Mar 2005

hi everyone

I wrote before about my problem concerning the Stand by button is dimmed.

I bought the pc 7 months ago the stand by button was working normally, 10 days ago i format and reinstall windows xp SP2, i have updated all the windows update(up to date),i found out the stand by button is greyed,and the hybernation button is not available as well in (power options properties).I don't know what is happening.

I have ASUS K8V SE deluxe motherboard,1024 <MB DDR ram.

Can you please tell me what is happening?

I hope to hear from you so soon.

Thank you for your help in advance

My kindest regards
bibo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?