Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me?
Since last week, my browser (Internet Explorer 7) has been really slow at starting up. At first it loads up incompletely, without the google toolbar, the status bar, or the classic menus. It stays like this (And occaisionally completely stops responding) for anything up to 2 minutes, then IE continues to load.
Once it's started, IE runs fine, but it never used to take this long to load up before now. It does this with every instance of IE that I run.
I disabled all the addons then re-enabled them one by one to see what the problem was, and found that an addon called "ssv.dll" was the cause.
ssv.dll is listed as "SSVHelper Class" and is a "Browser Helper Object" published by Sun Microsystems Inc.
I made a screenshot if anyone wanted to see the addon:
I've also found that a Java-based chatroom that I use to speak to my friends in America no longer works when I disable this addon. I really need to talk to them on Saturday so I need to solve the problem as quickly as possible.
Does anyone know how I can get Internet Explorer 7 to work again properly? Thanks for your help in advance! :)
Go to Run,and type in msconfig.And click on the start up tab.See if theres something in there that you dont need to run at start up.
It seems to be a common problem click here=
Maybe changing to Firefox browser would help
Try.Tools.Manage add ons.Enable or disable .If you have ssv helper.Sun microsystems.Browser helper object. Disable it .Close IE7 and then reopen it.See if IE7 works any quicker.This would only be a temporary fix.As there are some java files that have to be deleted.But I am off to the sunny Costa Del Clyde for the weekend.Mind you I am taking my Brolly with me.Looks like I am going to need it.
Lotvic, thanks for that first link!
I followed the instruction, and when I opened my Downloaded Program Files folder, there were FIVE copies of "Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0 listed - and four of them were in the error state. (Yellow shield with a black exclamation mark)
I deleted each of these faulty files (And each time I was told something like "there is not enough information to completely remove this file. Please check for further information in add/remove programs") then opened IE7.
It loaded straight away. I then checked my addons and three Java addons were disabled. I enabled all three of them, and restart IE7 - and it loaded fine.
Again, thanks for the link, lotvic, you solved my problem! :D
Brill, glad it's sorted :)
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.