SSD is locked/frozen, how to unlock?

Dafurias 18:03 05 Mar 2015

Basically my ssd froze on me, meaning I had to hold the power button to turn off PC. Upon starting it up again the SSD was not recognised/would not boot. So I put in my old HDD to boot from that instead and see if I coulf dix the SSD. It does not appear on my PC anywhere now apart from in the INtel rapid storage technology program.

I have tried a few things to unlock/unfreeze it like... unplugging it for a few seconds and then putting it back in. That doesn't work. Any idea how to unlock it?

Dafurias 18:04 05 Mar 2015

Also not sure how to link images here so... this is the intel rapid storage technology screen showing that the SSD is there... just locked. click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:13 05 Mar 2015
  1. try anotther power / data cable to it

2. see 1 here

Dafurias 19:12 05 Mar 2015

Is that the.. small blue one?

Dafurias 19:29 05 Mar 2015

And I don't think there would be a problem with them to be honest, I haven't touched the cables. The problem came after it crashed on me and it locked the SSD.

wee eddie 19:42 05 Mar 2015

Sounds like failure to me.

What caused the crash?

Dafurias 20:00 05 Mar 2015

I am not sure to be honest.. it just randomly went like... extremely slow for about 30 seconds, I tried to ctrl/alt/dlt and it just froze up. I waited for like 5 minutes and it just stayed on black screen instead of actually going to the ctrl/alt/dlt menu so I just had to switch it off.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:07 05 Mar 2015

a faulty cable would stop the drive and lock the system.

Dafurias 20:09 05 Mar 2015

Well I just tried changing the small power cable, still doesn't work. Should I get a new ... molex (I think is the name) cable as well?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:28 05 Mar 2015

There is usually a spare or try the one to the DVD drive

Dafurias 20:55 05 Mar 2015

tried using a different one, same problem :/ Doesn't seem to matter where or with what I plug it in with, I can select it to boot from the bios like... boot options, but it just comes up with error.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone